Followers

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day


Wally and I enjoyed Valentines Day together as we drove to the Santa Cruz area where he needed to look at some roofs. The day was sunny and clear and the ocean (when we caught peeks of it) was sparkling from the sun's reflection. We stopped at Holy City, a very little town (population of 1), just off Highway 17 in the Santa Cruz mountains, and I watched the resident glass blower make a glass heart. He even gave me a small (very) heart that he couldn't sell.
Because Wally and I are trying to eat more healthily, instead of a box of chocolates Wally gave me a "bed of apples." Lots of green ones! My favorites!

2 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

What a cute apple heart! The Christensen family is getting huge! Our baby will be my parents' number 10 grandbaby. I've lost track of Grammy and Grandpa's great-grandkids.

Christine said...

I just found your comment on my blog-how fun is it to recontact people that we haven't seen for a while. Can't believe how big your family is getting! Sounds like you are doing well. I am taking my boys to Flordia tomorrow. We are excited!